Universal Credit online

Use this service to:

  • start a Universal Credit claim
  • switch your Universal Credit account online
  • join your partner's Universal Credit claim

Don't know what postcode to use?

If you can't find your postcode on a letter or other document, try entering your address into a search engine website.

If you're homeless and living in temporary accommodation (for example, a long term hostel), use that address. You can also use the address of your local jobcentre.

Already got an online account?

Sign in if you already have an online account and want to return to a claim.